You define the DataStore object by adding fields or InfoObjects.
The advantage of using fields is that you do not need to model any InfoObjects. This is recommended especially if you want to load data types that are not supported by InfoObjects.
- Choose the Details tab.
- To add a field, choose Add Field. The field is added to your InfoSource. You can now define the field in the right area of the screen.
- Enter a description for the field.
- You can specify an InfoObject under Identify with:. This changes the field into an InfoObject. The properties of the InfoObject are applied. You can undo this by switching to Field under Identify with:.
- Enter the data type and data length.
- Under Manage Keys, you can define keys.
- To delete fields, choose Delete.