You want to change a DataStore object (advanced) that contains data.
You have already loaded data into your DataStore object.
You make your changes in the BW modeling tools, in the editing screen for your DataStore object (advanced).
The following changes are currently not supported:
- The property Activate/Compress Data can only be deactivated if the property Keep Inbound Data, extract from Inbound Table has also been selected.
- The property All Characteristics are Key, Reporting on Union of Inbound and Active Table cannot be activated or deactivated.
- Any change to properties that would cause a change to the table for delta extraction.
- The property Unique Data Records cannot be activated.
- The flag Inbound Table as extended table cannot be changed.
- The time reference characteristic cannot be changed for non-cumulatives.
- You are in the BW modeling tools. Open the DataStore object you want to modify and make the required changes.
- Activate the DataStore object. The system checks whether the object can be activated immediately or whether it needs to be remodeled first. If remodeling is required, a warning appears. The DataStore object is not activated and a remodeling request is created. When you are editing the DataStore object, a message appears to remind you that remodeling has not been completed.
If you have made two or more changes remodeling-related changes to your DataStore object, these changes are compiled into one remodeling request.
You can continue to use the DataStore object version that you have used up till now, provided that the remodeling request has not been executed.
- You can run the remodeling request in the Data Warehousing Workbench. To do this, choose in the Data Warehousing Workbench in the BW back end. In the context menu for the DataStore object (advanced), choose . Start the execution of the remodeling request.
- If you want to transport a remodeled DataStore object from the test system to the productive system and the DataStore object already exists in the productive system, the system checks whether remodeling is necessary and the required remodeling request is created in the target system.
If you want to transport a DataStore object, for which a remodeling request has been created but not yet executed, a warning appears informing you that the M version and A version are different. You can only transport the A version (without the current changes).