You can edit the display properties in BI clients here.
- Under Display you can specify whether the text in executed query should be displayed, and if yes, which text. This setting can be overwritten in queries.
- Under Selection you can define if and how the characteristic values have to be restricted in queries.
- If you want the initial value in the query to be displayed sorted (as opposed to at the final position), you can select Include Initial Value in Sort Sequence.
- For each geo-relevant characteristic you have to specify a geographical type.
There are four options to choose from:
- Static Geographical Characteristic: For this type you can use Shapefiles (country borders, for example), to display the characteristic on a map in the Business Explorer.
- Dynamic Geographical Characteristic: For this type geo-attributes are generated that make it possible, for example, to display customers as a point on a map.
- Dynamic Geographical Characteristic with Geographical Attributes: For this type the geo-attributes of a geo-characteristic of type 2, which is an attribute, are used.
- Static Geographical Characteristic with Geographical Attributes: As static geo-characteristics; with the addition of generated geo-attributes.
- If you have selected the Dynamic Geographical Characteristic with Geographical Attributes geographical type for the characteristic, on this tab page you specify the characteristic attribute whose geo-attributes you want to use.
Query Filter Value
- You can specify how the selection of filter values or the restriction of characteristics is determined when you define a query. When you restrict characteristics, the values from the master data table are usually displayed. For characteristics that do not have master data tables, the values from the SID Table are displayed instead. In many cases it is more useful to only display those values that are also contained in an InfoProvider. Therefore you can also choose the setting Only Values in InfoProvider.
- You specify how the selection of filter values is determined when a query is executed. When queries are executed, the selection of filter values is usually determined by the data that is selected by the query. This means that only the values for which data has been selected in the current navigation status are displayed. However, in many cases it can be useful to include additional values. Therefore you can also choose the settings Only Values in InfoProvider and Values in master data table. If you make this selection, however, you may get the message "No data found" when you select your filter values.
- You can specify how the display of filter values is determined when a query is executed. If, for example, the characteristic has very few characteristic values, it may be useful to display the values as a dropdown list box.