The following example shows how an additional cell created in the Help Cells screen area can be used as a help selection for an exception cell of type "formula". The help cell itself is not displayed in the query.
You can define an invoice in a help cell of type "selection" and use this in an exception cell of type "formula", in order to calculate a duplicated invoice.
- Open the context menu for the empty cell in the Help Cells area and choose New Selection Cell. The Edit Selection dialog box appears.
- Enter a technical name for the help cell. You can also enter a new description.
- Use drag and drop to move the invoice key figure to the Selection Details area on the right of the screen.
- Press OK. The help cell contains the description of the selection. The symbol indicates that a selection has been made for this help cell.
- Next, choose New Formula Cell from the context menu of the required query cell in the upper screen area. The Edit Formula dialog box appears.
- Enter a technical name for the exception cell. You can also enter a new description.
- In the Cells group, double-click on the help cell defined on the "invoice" key figure, in order to select the cell.
- Choose the buttons x 2.
- Press OK. The cell now displays the exception cell whose formula is calculated instead of the cross product of the structure elements.