- Open the Repository Browser and navigate to the package in which you want to create the ranges table type.
- In the context menu of the package, choose Create → Dictionary Object → Table type.
A dialog box appears.
- In the new dialog box, enter the name of the table type and choose with the quick info text Continue.
The maintenance screen for table types appears.
- Enter an explanatory short text in the field Short text.
You can, for example, find the ranges table type at a later time using this short text.
- Choose Edit → Define as ranges table type.
The maintenance screen for ranges table types appears. The access mode , key definition and key category are defined in advance for a ranges table type.
To define the ranges table type, you must specify an elementary type for the types of the LOW and HIGH components of the corresponding row type. Perform one of the following:
- If you want to define the types of the LOW and HIGH components using an existing data element, you must select Data element on the Line Type tab page. Enter the name of the data element in the subsequent field. You can also enter the name of a data element that does not exist. You go directly to the data element maintenance screen by double-clicking to create it.
- You can also define the elementary type of the LOW and HIGH components directly. Select Predefined Type. You can now enter values for fields Data Type, No. of characters and Decimal Places.
- In field Structured Row Type on the Line Type tab page, enter a name for the row type of the ranges table type
A ranges table type must have a row type, just like any other table type. This row type has a fixed structure for the special case of ranges table types. You can create the row type from the maintenance screen of the ranges table type.
- Choose with the quick info text Save.
You are asked to assign the ranges table type to a package. You can change this package later by choosing Goto → Object directory entry.
- To generate the row type of the ranges table type, choose Create on the Line Type tab page.
The maintenance screen for structures appears. The components of the row type are already assigned based on your definition of the associated type for the LOW and HIGH components. You must enter a short text for the row type and activate it. Then choose Back.
- Choose with the quick info text Activate.