You can create and process maintenance groups in the hierarchy tree of Maintenance Group Management. When you assign maintenance groups to certain nodes in the hierarchy, you can control their use in the corresponding applications.
A maintenance group is always an end node in a hierarchy.
You can use a Business Add-In (BAdI) to adapt the right-hand side of the screen according to your requirements.
For more information, see Customizing for Logistics - Generalunder Generic Hierarchy ® Enhancements Using Business Add-Ins ® BAdI: Control of ALV Maintenance Screens for Nodes/Objects.
To create a maintenance group, select a node in the hierarchy tree and choose Create Maintenance Group in the context menu of the node.
You cannot create maintenance groups at top node level or at the level of the Application-Specific node.
The system displays the internally-issued number of the new maintenance group on the right-hand side of the screen. You cannot change this number. You can define the name and description of the maintenance group and, if you have the necessary authorization, the authorization group. The system usually proposes the maintenance group number as its name.
You can enter additional descriptions for the maintenance group in different languages.
· You can assign field groups to a maintenance group. Choose with the quick info text Select Field Groups. The system proposes all the field groups defined in Customizing that you have not yet assigned to the maintenance group. You can assign several field groups to a maintenance group in one step.
You can assign one field group to several maintenance groups.
· You can use the Default indicator for each field group to control whether the system takes the reference article into account when it processes core article master data.
The reference article can be the article that you enter when processing core article master data, the reference article from the template, or the merchandise category reference article. The reference article that you enter during the processing of core article master data has top priority; the merchandise category reference article has the lowest priority.
· In the Attribute field, you specify whether fields in the field group are optional or obligatory for processing of core article master data and whether they are displayed or hidden.
· In the Field Group Assignment screen area, you can double-click on a field group to display the where-used list for it.
If you want to process templates for maintenance groups, choose Show/Hide.
· You can create as many templates as you want for each maintenance group. In the template, you enter default data for the initial screen for core article master data processing and for the Creation Status - Retail Fashion of the core article master data. Default data for the initial screen includes, for example, the article type, article category, merchandise category, and vendor.
Processing for core article master data involves multilevel reference handling. Default data from the interface has the highest priority, followed by default data from the template. Data from the reference article has the lowest priority.
· In every template, you can also enter default data for all the fields that are assigned to the maintenance group using field groups. Choose with the quick info text Maintain Default Data. On the Maintain Template screen, you can select the article master views on the left-hand side of the screen. On the right-hand side of the screen, the system displays all the fields in the maintenance group that are assigned to this view. You can enter default data for these fields.
To display a maintenance group, highlight it in the hierarchy tree. On the right-hand side of the screen, the system displays, among other things, the assigned field groups.
No restrictions apply if you want to subsequently process a maintenance group.
If you want to delete a maintenance group, choose Delete Node in the context menu of the maintenance group.
On the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Logistics ® Retailing ® Master Data ® Article Data ® Article ® Manage Maintenance Groups.