You use this function if you want to close or temporarily block several shops because, for example:
· Customer figures in a shop are not being met
· The enlargement of one shop requires the closure of another
· The complete range of products offered is to be withdrawn from the market
· Restructuring means business performance is restricted
· Other operational reasons mean that business is restricted
The system allows you to perform a simple procedure to close or block a specific number of shops across several department stores. If you block a shop, you specify the duration of the block and the extent to which the shop will still be involved in procurement and sales.
If you close or block a shop, you must perform several processing steps that are unconnected in terms of time. To do so you define the following:
· Reason for closure (with or without the closing date)
· Closing date
· Block status
· Validity period of the block (for several shops)
· Individual subsequent processes for each individual shop
· Archiving of shop data
You enter the date and the block status once for all the selected shops. If necessary, you can adjust the date and the block status for individual shops separately. If you only want to block shops temporarily (for example, because of renovations), you enter a blocking reason, without a blocking date.
If you have shut all the shops in a department store, you can then shut the department store itself.
On the SAP Easy Access screen, choose Logistics ® Retailing ® Master Data ® Site Data ® Department Store/Shop ® Mass Changes to Shops ® Block/Close.