The application form is a configuration object that is translated in the generated print program in a processing and flow logic at runtime.
logic of an application form is defined recursively, that is, a flow rule is
defined for a form level; it contains the processing of other dependent form
For each form level in the application form, the following steps are executed in sequence:
1. The n entries for the current form level are determined for the current entry of the superordinate form level and place in an internal table.
2. The exit before loop is called – if it exists. The table determined is transferred to the user exit. There you can evaluate and modify the table. You can use the global data areas of the superordinate form levels and the related 1:1 levels.
3. The data loop over the entries of the internal table begins. At the same time, the global data area (WA_<form level>) is filled with the current line.
4. In the loop, all global data areas of the related active 1:1 levels are filled in sequence.
5. The exit during loop is called – if it exists. In this user exit you can use and modify all global data areas of the form level and the related 1:1 levels. You can also use the global data areas of the superordinate form levels and the related 1:1 levels.
6. The hierarchically subordinate nodes of the form level are processed. If it is a text (form type SAPscript), the text is printed; if it is a form level, the form level is processed in the same way.
7. The next entry in the loop is processed. If the last entry for the current form level is reached, the loop is left.
8. The exit after loop is called – if it exists.
At document level, additional form control orders are given to SAPscript or Smart Forms, such as that a document is completed or a new document is starting.