Use a print action record if you want to print a variable text on all forms. Variable means that the text changes over time (for example, information or a note that is temporarily valid).
Print action records are either integrated into the form class belonging to an application form with form levels or must be implemented using user exits. In the first case you have to leave the level in question in the hierarchy. The texts behind the print action records are printed automatically.
If the print action records are integrated in an application form, the printing of the related texts can be transferred immediately or you can decide how and which part of the print action records is to be printed. In the simplest variant, in which the print action records exist as a level in the application form, printing begins automatically.
If the print
action records have been implemented in the form of form levels in the form
class, the form levels can be left in the hierarchy.
If you want to prevent the texts in a print action record from being printed automatically, set global parameter C-PA_PRINT to <blank> in the exit before loop of the form level. In this case you have to print the text yourself.
To integrate print action records in an application form that have not been implemented in the form of a level in the form class, you have to perform the following steps:
1. Decide for which form level of the form class hierarchy you want to find print action records. It is important that you search for an entity that has a corresponding object type in BOR.
2. In table EPRINTACTT (transaction SM30), maintain an entry with the following keys: AREA = ‘Z‘, OBJ_TYPE = <BOR object>, LFDNR = <document number>, and FORMCLASS = <form class>
3. Determine the position of the call of the print action records in the application form. The position corresponds to the form level.
4. Create an exit during loop for the form level in question and, from there, call function module ISU_S_PRINTACT_SEARCH_UPDATE. Specify parameters X_OBJ_TYPE with the BOR object mentioned above, X_FORMCLASS with the current form class, and X_OBJ_KEY with the entity key from the current form, (for example, WA_CONTR_ACCT-VKONT for a contract account) for the call. The parameters X_PRINT and X_UPDATE determine whether a print takes place or whether the print action records are updated. Usually you should set both indicators.
5. If you do not want the text to be printed automatically, evaluate the table of the print action records received.
processing you have to create the print action records with a report based on
report SAPRISU_PRINTACTION_GENERATE. Specify the parameters above (form class,
BOR object, object key) in the appropriate position in the report.
In addition to mass processing, you can also create single print action records that have a generic effect on all combinations of form class and BOR object. To do this, manually create a print action record in transaction EPA1 and define a dummy object for OBJ_KEY. Then enter this dummy value in parameter X_OBJ_KEY when you call the module ISU_S_PRINTACT_SEARCH_UPDATE in the above-mentioned exit.