By integrating SAP AFS with SAP SCM, you can use the hierarchical planning functionality in supply network planning (SNP) in SAP SCM. This function enables you to integrate master data between the two systems, and covers the following objects in this transfer:
· Products (Material Transfer)
· Location Products (Material and Plant Transfer)
· Location Product Hierarchy
After the master data transfer is set up in both systems you can transfer transactional data between SAP AFS and SAP SCM.
· You have maintained the standard Customizing for SAP AFS and SAP SCM to transfer data to SAP SCM.
· You have made the AFS-specific Customizing settings using the following steps:
a. Choose transaction FIBF.
b. Choose Settings ® Identification ® SAP Applications.
c. Under the APPL column, select the checkbox next to IS-AFS.
d. Under the same column, select the checkbox next to ND-APO.
· You have created a product hierarchy and location product hierarchy in SAP SCM.
These hierarchies are maintained as any standard SAP SCM hierarchy but meant specifically for the AFS-relevant data. You have maintained the customizing in the SAP SCM, so that during transfer from SAP AFS, the AFS data is linked to these AFS-specific hierarchies.
You have made the settings in Customizing for Product Hierarchy and Location Product Hierarchy by choosing Advanced Planning and Optimization ® Master Data ® Product ® Maintain Product-Relevant Hierarchies and Hierarchy Structures.
The following is an example of these settings:
¡ Product Hierarchy: Hier. AFS Prod. AFS_PROD_HIERARCHY
¡ Location Product Hierachy: Hier. AFS LProd AFS_LOCPRD_HIERARCHY
¡ Production Data Structure Hierarchy: Hier. AFS PDS AFS_PDS_HIERARCHY
· You have created the SKU variants of AFS materials that are transferred as separate location products in SAP APO. For more information, see AFS Material Variant.
· You have made the settings in AFS Customizing for Class Type by choosing Cross-Application Components ® Classification System ® Classes ® Maintain Object Types and Class Types.
You have maintained a class type for the table MARA in SAP AFS, by doing the following:
a. Select table MARA and double-click on Class Type in the menu tree.
b. Select the Class Type 001 and then select Organizational Areas in the menu tree.
c. Add entry as follows:
§ Class Type: 001
§ Org. area: A
§ Organizational Areas: AFS org area
· You have attached a material class to the AFS material. For more information, see Attachment of AFS Materials to Material Class.
· You have generated and activated an integration model in SAP AFS with the relevant data to transfer the master data to SAP SCM.
This function allows you to create:
· Products and the product master data, which is the same as the relevant master data in the AFS material master
The products for the material and for each of the valid characteristic value combinations are created in SAP SCM.
Lot size parameters maintained for the AFS material are not transferred to the SKU variants created as products in SAP SCM. But, the safety stock is sent if it is maintained at the SKU level.
· Location products at the plants (corresponding to plants in SAP AFS) where the material data is maintained
· Location product hierarchy for each material
· Each of the products for the valid characteristic combinations for the header material is at the lower level in the hierarchy.
1. Create the materials with grids in all the relevant plants.
2. Create the integration model and activate it.
The system then transfers the data and creates the products, location products, and location product hierarchies in SAP SCM.
3. After the products are created in SAP SCM, manually create the location products at the supplier and the customer locations in SAP SCM if they are needed in the planning processes (for example, Responsive Replenishment).
In SAP SCM, you can display the newly created products and location products in the maintenance view of the corresponding AFS-specific hierarchies. You can find the products or location products that correspond to the materials or material/plant combinations on the header level of the product or location product hierarchy. The products or location products that correspond to the variants are on the sublevel of the hierarchy.
The figure below shows the transfer of AFS material from SAP AFS to SAP SCM:
In the figure below, AFS_MAT is a material in SAP AFS. The material has a grid attached to it that has two dimensions - color and size. The valid value combinations are shown as X.
The result is that four products are created in SAP SCM as in the figure below. The material in SAP AFS is the header material and three products are created, one each for each SKU. These form the second level of hierarchy.
The product names created from the AFS SKU variant names are concatenations of the AFS material and the characteristic values. If the names are longer than 18 characters, the system uses internal numbers.