Creating, Changing, or Displaying Master Data
The following functions for individual creating, changing and displaying master data are available for the following objects:
Call up each function for the corresponding master data from the SAP Easy Access menu.
Enter the numeric key in the initial screen, for the object that you want to process.
If you want to create new master data for an object, enter a validity period as well. You can use an existing object as a template.
Choose Master data The system displays the basic screen for master data processing.
- If the object was defined with field characteristics for an analysis period, you can access the basic screen directly.
- If different field characteristics exist for the object in different analysis periods, the system displays a dialog box for the selection of the desired analysis period first.
- To select a single analysis period, double-click on it, or select this period of time. Choose Choose to leave the dialog box.
- To select more than one analysis period, select each interval using Select block. Choose Choose to leave the dialog box.
You have defined different field characteristics for your object for the following periods:
- From 01.01.1996 to 30.06.1996:
- From 01.07.96 to 31.10.96:
- From 01.11.96 to 31.12.96:
- From 01.01.97 to 31.12.99:
To select a single analysis period, for example from 01.01.1997 to 31.12.1999, double click on it in the dialog box.
To select an interval block, for example, from 01.01.1996 to 31.10.1996, choose Select block to select the individual periods (from 01.01.1996 to 30.06.1996 and 07.01.1996 to 31.10.1996), then choose Choose.
The following graphic shows how the basic screen is set up, using the example of cost center master data:
The master data fields, and their tab pages vary according to the object.
The system displays the master data fields on different tab pages on the basic screen. After initial entry, the system displays the basic data tab page, which is ready for input. On this tab page, the system generally displays all fields that need to be edited.
You can edit more fields by selecting the appropriate tab page. You can use pushbuttons on the tab pages to go from one maintenance transaction or display transaction to another.
When you change or display master data fields, note the following two different situations:
- If field contents exist for the analysis period, the system displays them on the corresponding tab page.
- If different field contents exist for the analysis period, the system does not display the contents. A "+" in the corresponding field refers to the different field contents. To display the different field contents, double-click on the field, or choose drilldown.
- If the field can be changed for individual days, you can edit the field contents in the Drilldown dialog box.
- If you cannot change the field for individual days, choose Edit -> Analysis period to edit to field. Select one of the analysis periods in the dialog box. Then change the field contents. If you also want to make changes to other analysis periods, repeat the worksteps for the other analysis periods.
You have defined the
cost center type for a cost center as follows:
- From 01.11.1996 to 31.12.1996: "P"
- From 01.07.1996 to 31.10.1996: "F"
- From 01.01.1996 to 30.06.1996: "H"
If you select the analysis period 01.01.1996 to 30.06.1996, the system displays "H" in the Cost center category field.
If you select the analysis period 01.01.1996 to 30.06.1996, the system displays "H" in the Cost center category field. Choose Drilldown to display the different field contents by period.
- You can change the analysis period in the basic screen for changing or displaying master data. Choose Edit -> Analysis period.
The system displays the Analysis Period: Display dialog box. You can:
- Select another analysis period for editing or display.
- Specify an analysis period that is not yet in the system, by choosing Other analysis period.
The new analysis period must lie in the validity period of the object that you specified when you created the object. When you save the data, the system creates several data records using the changed field characteristics.
Processing Statistical Key Figures