You are on the overview screen for template maintenance. You create or change a template.
function as Comparison Operand 1, click on the symbol for the function in the function selection, keep pressing the left mouse button and drag the function to the left into the editor (Drag&Drop). You can also place your cursor on the function name and click on the icon.
What you do now depends on the type of function you selected (you cannot see the function type when you select the function):
- If the editor and function selection are not opened in the lower screen area, choose Show Editor <-> Hide Editor to activate both of these functions.
- Double-click on a cell in the object or activation column for the template table. The Function Selection screen area displays (below right), all the available functions (the selection is based on the selected environment and selected row type).
- To specify a
Selected Function Type
Function without parameters
Continue at step 5 (relational operator).
Function with parameters. You can tell that a function has parameters because an additional window opens. The rows indicate the parameter type normal or optional (see selection in the far right-hand column and Function Parameters under Parameter Type and Default Value).
Enter a value.
- For fixed values: Enter the value directly or select F4.
- For functions/variables: You move a function from the selection to the Parameter Value field using Drag&Drop.
- Transfer your entries by choosing in the parameter dialog box.
The values or functions available for selection are determined when the function is defined in the tab Function Use.
- To select a comparison operator, click on one of the Operator Icons in the header row of the editor.
Increase the editor screen towards the right so that you can see all the available operators.
- Determine the comparison operand 2 by entering a fixed value or choosing a function (see step 3). If you choose a function, display all the functions that are valid as comparison operand 2 by choosing .
- A first comparison has been entered. If you want to enter a second comparison, click on an icon in the editor that has the Boolean operators (AND, OR). To enter the next comparison, continue with step 3.
- To format your entries, choose .
- To check the method, choose .
- To transfer the entries to the editor, click on Object.
- The entries in the editor are saved when you save the entire template.
If you select a function that is related to ABAP functions and has the results type "Type from Function" as a comparison operand, the comparison operator IN and the function name are automatically used. The function name is then displayed twice and needs to be deleted.
For more information on results types, see Realization of the Function.
For more information on working with the Editor, see Processing Options in the Function Selection/Editor.
For more information on valid comparison operators, and the quantity operator IN, see Methods.
Example: Object Determination