1. To execute aline item report, go to the menu in the relevant component of the SAP R/3 System (Cost Center Accounting, Overhead Cost Orders and Activity-Based Accounting) and choose
You can display line item reports by controlling area. To change the controlling area when necessary, choose Extras ® Set controlling area.
2. In the initial screen, enter the criteria according to which the line item report selects data.
– Enter an object ( cost center, order, business process), an object interval or an object group ( cost center group, business process group, order group).
– If you wish to restrict the selection to particular cost elements enter a cost element, a cost element interval or a cost element group.
– For actual and plan line item reports, enter under Posting date the date or timeframe for which you want to select data.
For commitment line items reports, enter under Expected debiting date the date or timeframe for which you want to select data. To limit the selection to open line items, choose Open items only.
– Enter the version for the plan line item report.
3. In order to determine the data presentation in the line item report, choose a standard display variant under Display variant or define your own variant (see: Selecting Display Variants).
You can use the display variant to determine the page breaks used when printing the report. The sorting and subtotals use the GW field for this purpose.
4. The following functions are also available on the initial screen:
– You can delete entries for individual selection rows or all entries for the selection (see: Deleting Selections).
– You can narrow down the selection further still, by value type and selection criteria (see: Select Value Type, Set Actual Version).
– You can save your entries in a variant in the initial screen and get them again when you next call up the initial screen (see: Processing Variants).
– If you entered an object group in the initial screen, you can display it (see: Display Group)
– You can read line items from the archive (see: Reading Standard Reports From the Archive). To do so, choose Extras ® Data source.
5. Choose Program ® Execute in background.
6. In the dialog box, enter the print parameters (printer, number of copies) for your background job, and choose Print.
7. You can check the status of your background jobs in the job overview.
– Choose System ® Own Jobs ® Job overview.
– Choose Execute.
– After some time, choose Update again.