1. To execute target=actual activity allocation, go to the Cost Center Accounting menu or the Activity-Based Costing menu, and choose:
2. You can limit the target=actual activity allocation to a given cost center group.
To do so, choose Cost center group and enter the desired group.
The default setting is All cost centers.
3. On the initial screen, enter the version, the periods, and the fiscal year for the target=actual activity allocation.
4. You can control the type of processing as well as the formatting of the results.
a. Test run
If you select Test run, the system carries out the target=actual activity allocation, but does not post the results.
To check the results of the test run, select the indicators Detailed list and Test run.
b. Background processing
If you are working with large amounts of data, execute the reconciliation in the background during periods of low system usage.
c. Detail lists
The default display variant settings for the detail list identify all planned activity quantities on the cost centers for each activity type. The system specifies the actual activity of the activity-receiving cost centers.
The system calculates and displays the operating rate during the target=actual activity allocation using the variable actual and plan activity.
During the update of the target=actual activity allocation, the system adjusts the variable portion of the plan activity quantity on the sender to the operating rate of the receiver cost centers/activity types. The result is updated as a variable actual activity.
5. To post the results (with update), proceed as follows:
a. On the list screen, choose Save.
b. When exiting this screen, choose Yes in response to the update question.
c. On the initial screen, choose Execute (deselect the Test run indicator first).
6. To tailor the list to your own requirements, choose Current display variant.
You can do the following:
a. Change position and length of display fields.
b. Include or remove fields from the list.
c. Remove fields from the field pool and insert them in a given position in the list.
d. Change the order of the fields already included in the list.
7. To arrange the list according to the entries in individual columns, choose Sort ascending or Sort descending.
8. Choose Edit ® Find to search the list for desired terms.
9. Choose Edit ® Set filter to delimit the plan reconciliation results lists according to your defined conditions.
Enter the field name that is to act as the delimiting criterion and enter an amount for this field.
Choose Total plan activity as a criterion.
You enter 500 to 1000 as the value for this field.
The system displays only those entries in the results list where plan activity lies between 500 and 1000 units.
10. Choose List ® Print to print the list.
11. When you call up the list screen for target=actual allocation, the system displays the sum of all the period values.
Choose Period values to display the individual period values for the target=actual activity allocation.
Choose Previous period or Next period to scroll through the individual periods.
The same functions are available here as in the totals display for periods.
12. To display the activity flows in the system, in the period display, choose Activity analysis.
Based on the selected cost center activity type, you can follow the activity flow though multiple cost centers. By clicking on the symbols in the Activity network column, you can summarize the activity relationships or expand them again. The system displays closed relationships in the activity network using lines in the activity network column. Members of closed relationships are marked in red.