Stock Transfer Between Plants in Two Steps
This type of stock transfer can only be carried out in Inventory Management. Neither Shipping in the issuing plant nor Purchasing in the receiving plant is involved in the process.
The stock transfer includes the following processes:
- A goods issue in the issuing plant
- A goods receipt in the receiving plant
Transferring stock in two steps has the following characteristics:
- The transfer posting cannot be planned by creating a reservation.
- The quantity posted from stock is first of all managed as stock in transfer in the receiving plant. Only once the goods receipt has been posted is the quantity posted to the unrestricted-use stock of the receiving plant.
This enables the quantity "on the road" to be monitored.
- The transfer posting is valuated at the valuation price of the material in the issuing plant.
- If the plants involved belong to different company codes, the transfer between plants is also a transfer between company codes. In this case, the system creates two accounting documents when the goods issue is posted. The stock posting is offset against a company code clearing account.