Copying Actual Data into the Plan
Function Copy actual into plan automatically copies actual values from previous business transactions, which can also be manually planned. You cannot copy periodic allocations/assignments in actual, like Distributions or Assessments. You must carry these out in the plan. You can:
- reuse much of your actual data from the previous year in the current fiscal year
- copy actual to plan within a fiscal year and across period boundaries
Following is a description of what you can and cannot copy.
- You can copy process quantities that result from the sender side through manual activity allocation or through the entry of sender activities.
- Actual prices: the SAP System updates the actual price as plan in the target version. The system values the recorded activities in the receivers with these prices in plan.
- Primary costs: you can copy only the following manually planned business transactions:
- primary bookings from financial accounting
- transfer postings in CO
You cannot copy actual automatic business transactions like periodic distributions.
- Activity Allocations: you can copy manually booked activity allocations, but not automatic business transactions.
- Plan updates are similar to manual planning. The system updates the planned quantity only. The resulting costs are a factor of the plan quantity multiplied by the plan price.
- Order Settlement you can copy debits from business processes out of order settlements. Depending on the cost origin, the SAP /3 system updates the primary or secondary order costs in plan. The two cases to note are:
- If the target version is not plan-integrated for orders, then the system copies all order settlement costs.
- If the target version is plan integrated for orders, then the system copies only the settlement costs orders that are not plan integrated. You must insert the plan settlement into the target version for the orders that are plan integrated.
The SAP System does not copy the corresponding debit of the business transaction if an order is settled by cost element. The SAP System records this instance in the error protocol, noting that the secondary cost planning does not include primary cost elements or assessment cost elements. In the area of order cost planning, only cost elements of type 21 (internal settlement) are allowed.
- Statistical Key Figures: the system updates statistical key figures in plan just as you have booked them in actual.
For more information on how to copy see
Copying Actual into Plan.