In order to carry out numerous business and human resources processes, you need an organizational plan, that is, a functional structure representing your enterprise based on tasks.
You need to, for example:
- evaluate headcount, current division of tasks, reporting structures in your enterprise according to department (for example)
Evaluations of unoccupied positions
- allocate agents responsible for carrying out SAP Business Workflow tasks
Forward leave requests to agents in the personnel department
- plan possible new functional structures in Business Process (Re-) Engineering as well as your personnel requirements or personnel costs
Planning a Department Structure
- gather information for creating the task related, functional structure, in particular for other Human Resources components
Default values for personnel actions in Personnel Administration
- assign structural, that is task-oriented authorizations in the R/3 System
Combination of the relevant R/3 transactions for an administrator in Purchasing
Tools from the Organizational Management component also enable you to create:
Organizational Plan , changes to which are archived
additional organizational plans in other
Plan Versions as planning scenarios
Organizational Management is the basis for additional Human Resources components and functions as well as for SAP Business Workflow. The fact that these components can be integrated should be taken into account when you are installing them.
Installing Organizational Management enables you to use the following Human Resources components effectively:
- Personnel Development
- Compensation Management
- Personnel Cost Planning
- Training and Event Management
- Manager's Desktop
- Organizational Management also has interfaces to the following Human Resources components:
- Shift Planning
- Capacity Requirements Planning
- Personnel Administration
- Human Resources Information System
- Organizational Management also forms the basis for SAP Business Workflow. The organizational plan you create forms the framework for a routing structure that SAP Business Workflow uses to assign tasks to an employee.
Both Organizational Management and SAP Business Workflow are components of Business Management.
- Finally, Organizational Management can also be used with the Controlling component to create an enterprise organization.
The Organizational Management component includes various user group-specific modes and views with which to edit organizational plans:
- The Organizational Plan mode includes views for administrators in the Personnel or organizational department:
- The Organization and Staffing view provides an intuitive interface for creating and editing organizational plans.
- The General Structures view allows you to edit organizational plans with any structure including object types which you have defined yourself (teams, for example).
- The Matrix view is for creating and editing matrix structures.
- The Organizational Plan mode also includes a view for workflow administrators:
- Organization and Staffing (Workflow) provides you with an interface that you can use intuitively to create and edit organizational plans. This interface can be used for SAP Business Workflow.
- Expert mode enables experienced experts object-oriented editing of organizational plans.
- Expert mode allows you to edit the characteristics of various objects and their relationships via infotypes.
- The Simple Maintenance view in Expert Mode provides an overview of object and structure editing.
For more information, see the documentation on
Managerís Desktop component provides managers with data on the organizational plan of their area of responsibility and enables them to edit this information.