Template Allocation in Plan
The use of
template allocations is one method to assign overhead costs. This method is unique for several reasons:
- Costs are not only allocated, but the system also determines the quantities that the respective receiver objects consume or utilize; costs are calculated based on the quantities and prices and are, therefore, more accurately determined
- You work with templates: the sender, quantities and activation time do not already exist, but are dynamically determined through the template at the time of the calculation
- The template uses functions defined by the user or already provided in the system to determine the needed data; these functions pull information already in fields or carry out complex algorithms from the operative data in the SAP system; they are created and maintained in the environment maintenance
- Sender objects can be business processes or cost centers/activity types
- Possible receiver objects of the template allocation in plan can be:
- Internal Orders
- WBS Elements
- Profitability segments of profit and market segment analysis
- Business Processes
- Cost centers or cost centers/activity types
In order to describe the allocation quantities in plan, you create modeled assumptions allowing best estimates of expected quantities based on the given (static) master data.
For example, the number of purchase orders per sales orders serves as the process driver of the procurement process for a sales order processor. In order to estimate the plan quantities of expected procurements for this order, the SAP System uses the relevant template function to dynamically determine the number of different components not in stock based on the bill of materials for the product to be produced.
Business Processes or cost centers/activity types
environment or Functions necessary for your receiver object
Providing the process drivers (for example, statistical key figures) used by the functions
Creating an appropriate
Assigning the template to the receiver object (
Cost Driver or
- Creating the necessary sender objects; for example
Enter the receiver object(s) in the entry screen for template allocation to determine the overhead costs. When you carry out the allocation, the system does the following:
- Through the search rule you defined, the correct template is assigned to the receiver object
- The template finds the correct business process(es) or cost centers/activity types
- It calculates the quantities demanded/required
- It sets the time period of the allocation and checks, if necessary, the activation requirements
The result is a list of receiver and sender objects of the activity quantities and relevant costs (quantity*price).
You have completed all prerequisites.
To carry out a template-allocation:
Display run results: Template Allocation), you can use the
Template Trace to display a more detailed view.
Display Detail it is also possible to view the results of individual template cells.
- Enter the template-allocation transaction for which receiver object(s) determine overhead costs
- Execute the template-allocation
- After the results are displayed (
Template Allocation in Actual