Checklist for Planning in Cost Center Accounting
Before you start to plan, you should clarify the following:
Do you require your own distribution keys?
- Create your own distribution keys if necessary (see also:
Planner Profiles and Planning Layouts
Do the planner profiles and planning layouts meet your planning requirements?
User-Defined Planning Layouts or
Maintain User-Defined Planner Profiles
- Check the planner profiles and planning layouts in the standard R/3 System and define new ones if necessary (see also: The Implementation Guide (IMG) for Controlling, under Overhead Cost Controlling ®
Cost Center Accounting ® Planning
Currencies in Cost Center Planning
Do you need to plan in different currencies?
- Specify the use of different currencies for the controlling area.
Currencies in Planning).
- Set the currencies in which you wish to plan or display costs in the planning layouts (see also:
- Maintain the translation rates (
Do you want to create your own versions for alternative plans?
- Create new versions if necessary.
(See also: Customizing for Cost Center Accounting under Planning
Do you need to copy existing versions?
- You must authorize copying in the source versions to be copied.
Do you want to document changes in planning?
Line Items and Integrated Planning).
- You need to select Integrated planning in the relevant versions. If plan values do not yet exist, you can select Integrated planning to ensure that the R/3 System writes plan line items and transfers them to the FI/CO interface. If plan values already exist, you can arrange for the system to write the plan line items at a later date (see also:.
For which cost centers/cost elements do you require
Once you have planned an area using detail planning, you must always use detail planning for this area.