Purging Logs and Trace Files¶
Set up a schedule for purging log and trace files. You can also purge them immediately, on demand.
Server logs are archived after seven days and purged. The archive is kept for up to 23 days, and then deleted. If you set purge settings, they will purge data from either the technical logs or the archived logs, depending on the setting you choose. For example, if you choose "Keep for last 2 Weeks", the data is automatically deleted from the technical log when it is archived after seven days, and deleted from the archived log after seven days.
Server logs are purged when the database reaches the size (threshold) you specify, or at the frequency you specify. For example, the following deploy option sets the threshold to 80, so server logs are purged when the database is 80% full:
The following deploy option sets the purge frequency to 600 seconds:
In Mobile Services cockpit, select
You can see the existing components, log level details, and event log information.
Under Purge Settings
- Select the number of days (1–30) to keep server error logs.
- Select the number of days (1–30) to keep server success logs.
- Select the number of days (1–30) to keep client error logs.
- Select the number of days (1–30) to keep client success logs.
- Select the number of days (1–30) to keep error trace logs.
- Select the number of days (1–30) to keep success trace logs.
- To immediately delete all log and trace files from the database, click