Windows Development Requirements
Complete the prerequisites for setting up the development environment to support Windows platforms.
- Windows 7 SP1 - x64
- Windows 8 - x64
- Windows 8.1 - x64 (with Hyper-V component installed)
- Windows 10 - x64 (with Hyper-V component installed)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 - x64
- Windows Server 2012 - x64 with Desktop Experience
- Windows Server 2012 R2 - x64 with Desktop Experience
- Windows Server 2016 with Desktop Experience
- Visual Studio 2013 Update 3, 4, 5 (any editions)
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 (any editions)
- Visual Studio 2017 (any editions)
- .NET apps:
- Any PC with the supported Windows version
- Store Apps:
- For testing Windows Phone Store Apps - any Windows Phone running Windows Phone 8.1.x or Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 or higher. For example: Lumia 520, 730, 925, 950, Samsung Ativ S, and so on.
- For testing Windows Store Apps:
- ARM based tablets running Windows RT 8.1, for example: Surface or Surface 2
- Any x86/x64 device running Windows versions (8.1, 10, …) capable of running 8.1 Store Apps. Devices can be regular PCs, Surface Pro tablets, and so on.
- UWP apps:
- For testing UWP apps on mobile phones: any Windows Phone running Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 or higher. For example: Lumia 950 and 950 XL.
- For testing UWP apps on tablets/PCs: any x86/x64 device running Windows 10. Devices can be regular PCs, Surface Pro tablets, and so on.
See What's a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app? for more information about UWP apps.
For complete information about supported Windows development environment in SAP Mobile Platform, see https://support.sap.com/release-upgrade-maintenance/pam.html.