Creating the Provisioning File
Create a provisioning profile to authenticate your device to run the app you are developing.
If you create a new App ID or modify an existing one, you must regenerate and install your provisioning file.
- Navigate to the Apple Developer Member Center Web site, and select Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- From the iOS Apps section, select Povisioning File, and select the + button to create a new provisioning file.
- Choose iOS App Development as your provisioning profile type, then click Continue.
- From the drop-down, choose the App ID you created and click Continue.
- Select your iOS Development certificate in the next screen, and click Continue.
- Select which devices to include in the provisioning profile, and click Continue.
- Choose a name for your provisioning profile, then click Generate.
- Click Download to download the generated provisioning file.
- Double-click the downloaded provisioning file to install it. Xcode's Organizer opens in the Devices pane. Your new provisioning profile appears in the Provisioning Profiles section of your Library. Verify that the status for the profile is "Valid profile." If the profile is invalid, verify that your developer certificate is installed in your Keychain.