Installing Android Studio
Android Studio includes the Android Studio IDE and the Android SDK tools.
- Confirm that your system meets the requirements at http://developer.android.com/sdk/requirements.html.
- Download and install Android Studio from https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Add the Android SDK to your PATH environment variable:
- On Windows, add <Android SDK Location>\tools to the PATH environment variable.
- On OS X, the command is: export PATH=$PATH:<path to Android SDK>/tools .
- Download and install Extras > Android Support Repository.
- Download and install Extras > Android Support Library. For more information, see also Support Library Setup.
Launch the Android SDK Manager and download the latest tools:
- Open the Tools directory and select: SDK Tools, SDK Platform-tools, and the highest version of the SDK Build-tools.
- Open the Android X.X folder (the latest version) and select: SDK Platform and a system emulator such as ARM EABI v7a System Image.
- Download any additional packages. See http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing/adding-packages.html.
- Install the packages.