Debugging on Android
Use Web Inspector to debug an Android app that includes Apache Cordova and Kapsel plugins.
- Android device running Android 4.4 or higher, or Google Nexus device running Android 4.2 or higher.
- If using a Google Nexus device, install the device's USB driver by following the instructions at http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html.
- If debugging a device connected via USB, enable the Developer Options menu
- For Android devices, go to .
- For Google Nexus devices, go to Build number several times). (tapping on
- Start the app on the device.
- From your desktop, in Chrome (version 30 or higher), enter chrome://inspect in the URL.
(Optional) To debug starting from the init method, set a breakpoint in the
init method using one of the following:
- In the console,
- In the console, enter:
- (Optional) Choose one or more breakpoints to step through. The chosen breakpoints display in the Breakpoints panel.
- (Optional) From the Elements panel, choose an HTML element to view, or modify its HTML and CSS properties.
- (Optional) In the Console drawer, enter commands to modify the source file code.
(Optional) From the Network panel, examine data URL requests and
responses (values received).
For more information about debugging on Android with Chrome, see https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/remote-debugging.