Configuring Firebase Cloud Messaging Service
Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) is a service that can be used by SAP Mobile Platform Server or any other entity to send a push notification to a specific device. FCM's Firebase Notifications web console allows you to push notifications directly to a device by bypassing the server.
For information about FCM, seehttps://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/.
- Open the Firebase Developer Console: https://console.firebase.google.com/.
- Select Add Project.
- Enter a project name, then select Create Project.
Select Add Firebase to your Android app, fill in the
required "Package name" field, as well as any optional fields, then select
- Download the google-services.json file and move it into your Android app module root directory, then select Continue.
- To add the Firebase SDK, follow the steps to modify your build-gradle files, then select Finish.
- From the Overview page, select the context menu located to the right of the application name, then select Settings.
- From the Settings page, under "Your apps", download the google-services.json file and copy it to your project's root directory.