Changing Client Log and Trace Settings
Update the client log and trace settings for the selected application registration.
These settings override the client log policy settings that are configured as part of the application definition. Log and trace settings are updated on the client during its next settings exchange with the server, and if log upload is enabled, the client uploads the log to the server. The downloaded client log is a combined client/server log, so formatting will be different than in the original log. For applications developed using SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0 SP05 or later, client log entries are stored in the database in the appropriate logging component and can be viewed in the Logs & Traces view. For applications developed using SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0 SP04 or earlier, you can download and view a client log file. Trace information is generated as part of an end to end trace session..
Management Cockpit, select
Registrations and Users.
Information for up to 200 registered applications appears.
- Use the search and filtering options to locate the registration in which you are interested:
Click the client log settings icon to display the Client Log Settings
- Click Log Upload.
Select the logging level in Log
Level to determine the type of messages
captured in the client log, or None.
Table 4: Logging Levels Log Level Description Path For tracing execution flow. Used, for example, in the context of entering and leaving a method, looping, and branching operations. (Not applicable to the offline logging component.) Debug For debugging purposes, includes extensive and low-level information. Info Informational text, used mostly for echoing what has been performed. Warn The application can recover from the anomaly, and fulfill the task, but requires attention from the developer or operator. Error The application can recover from the error, but cannot fulfill the task due to the error. Fatal The application cannot recover from the error, and the severe situation causes fatal termination.
- For Delete Log After, select the number of days, after which logs are to be deleted from the client database.
- Click Save to save the modified settings.
- For applications developed using SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0 SP04 or earlier, click a log file name to download the log and open it in your selected viewer.
- For applications developed using SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.0 SP05 or later, in Management Cockpit, select . See Viewing Logs and Traces in Administrator.