Uploading and Deploying Hybrid Apps
If the selected hybrid app uses the AppUpdate plugin, activate the new version from this screen. If the hybrid app does not use the AppUpdate plugin, the application-specific settings are not applicable.
- Contains the contents of the application's www folder and
the project config.xml file, with a separate folder in the
archive for each mobile platform (android/www and/or
ios/www in all lower case). Format structure for hybrid
|- android | |- config.xml | |- www |- iOS ...
- Is compressed into a standard .zip file for upload.
- In Management Cockpit, select .
- (Optional) If
you imported a new application, skip this step. If you are updating the version,
to upload another version of the application.
New version information appears for the uploaded Kapsel app for each mobile platform. You cannot change this information.
- In the dialog, navigate to the directory.
- Select the hybrid app package, and confirm.
Property Description Operating System Revisions Identifies the production version revision. For a newly uploaded Kapsel app, this is blank. Required Kapsel Version Identifies the Kapsel SDK version that was used to develop the Kapsel app, for example 3.0.0. Development Version Identifies the internal development version that was used to develop the Kapsel app.
State State of the Kapsel application version:
To move an application version between states:
New – a newly uploaded version.
Staged – in testing. A user who is defined as a tester can download and test applications, see Managing Users.
Once testing is complete, an administrator can promote a version to the Current state, so it becomes active. If testing fails, the administrator can change the state back to New.
Current – the version that is currently active.
Beginning State Action Ending State New Click Stage Staged New Click Deploy Current Staged Click Remove New Staged Click Deploy Current Description Describes the Kapsel app.
- To deploy the application to a mobile platform, click Deploy and
Deployed Kapsel app information appears as the current version and the revision number is incremented.For device application users:
- When a device user with a default version (revision = 0) of the Kapsel app connects to the server, the server downloads the full Kapsel app.
- When a device user with a version (revision = 1 or higher) of the Kapsel app connects to the server, the server calculates the difference between the user's version and the new version, and downloads a patch containing only the required changes.
- If the application implements the AppUpdate plugin, the server checks for updates when the application starts-up or is resumed. If the developer has made changes, AppUpdate detects them using contents in the www folder (that is, the HTML based content), and not with native plugins or changes made outside of that folder. For changes made outside the www folder, the developer needs to post a new copy of the app to the application download site, or use Afaria to push the new app to all users.
- Remove application versions that have been imported, but not yet deployed:
- To remove an application from one mobile platform, click Remove and confirm.
- To remove an application from all available mobile platforms, click Remove All and confirm.