Creating an OData Application
Create an OData application in the cockpit.
- In the cockpit home page, click Settings to define your application's security settings.
- In the Edit Security Profile dialog, click New.
- Enter a name for your security profile and optional description.
- In the Authentication Providers section, click Add.
- Choose an authentication provider and click Create.
- In the cockpit home page, click Applications.
- Click New.
- In the New Application window, enter the values for your application:
Field Value Application ID Unique identifier for the application, in reverse domain notation. This is the application or bundled identifier that the application developer assigns or generates during application development. The administrator uses the application ID to register the application with the server, and the client application uses the application ID to send requests to the server. Name Application name can contain only alphanumeric characters, spaces, underscores, and periods, and be up to 80 characters long. Vendor (Optional) Vendor who developed the application. Version Application version. Currently, only version 1.0 is supported. TypeApplication type.
- Hybrid – container-based applications, such as Kapsel.
Description (Optional) The description can contain up to 255 alphanumeric and special characters, but cannot contain percent signs or ampersands.
- Click Save. Application-related tabs appear, and you are ready to configure the application, based on the application type.
- In the Backend page, enter the end point for the back end system to which the application will connect. For example, http://localhost:8090/odata.
- In the bottom right-hand corner, click Save.