Creating an App ID
Create a new App ID for the application.
As a convention, the App ID is in the form of a reversed addresse, for example, com.example.MyPushApp. The App ID must not contain a wildcard character ("*").
- Go to the Apple Developer Member Center Web site, log in, if required, and select Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Select +., and click the
- Enter a name for your App ID, and, under App Service, select Push Notifications.
- Accept the default App ID prefix, or choose another one.
- Under App ID Suffix, select Explicit App ID, and enter your
iOS app's Bundle ID. This string should match the Bundle Identifier in your iOS app's Info.plist.
- Select Continue. Verify that all the values are correct. Push Notifications should be enabled, and the Identifier field should match your app's Bundle Identifier (plus App ID Prefix).
- Click Submit.