Securing Attachments on iOS Client Devices
This procedure describes how to define the mobile application for iOS client devices to prevent attached documents from being accessible via iTunes.
Attached documents functionality must be defined for the mobile application.
This procedure describes how to define the mobile application to secure attached documents from iTunes access on iOS client devices. This process involves setting the iOS Base Path attribute of external data properties within the application to a value other than Documents, typically the Application Support option. This procedure does not describe how to define or implement this functionality.
This procedure needs to be repeated for each external data property within the mobile application project.
- Using the Agentry Editor navigate to the external data property definition within the mobile application project. Select the File Locations tab within the Properties view of the definition.
- Within the iOS section of attributes on this tab, set the Base Path attribute to the option “Application Support.”
- Save the changes made and repeat this process for any other external data properties within the application project.
- After all external data properties have been modified, publish the application to the Agentry Server and test the behavior. Be sure to connect the iOS device to an iTunes application and verify the attachments for the mobile application are no longer accessible through iTunes.
- When ready to make this behavior available to the mobile users, publish or deploy the application to the Agentry Server in the production environment. This new behavior will take affect when mobile users perform their next synchronization.
After this procedure is complete the files stored on the iOS device by the Agentry Client will no longer be accessible to the iTunes application.