Action Step Type: List Selection
The List Selection action step type selects the specified row or item in the selected screen set and screen. The specific list control on the screen must also be specified if more than one type of list field is defined for that screen. The action allows for the specification of record to select by one of several options, as described in the Select Rows attribute of the field definition.
List Selection Step Attributes
- Step Name: This attribute contains the unique internal name of the action step definition. This must be unique among all steps within the same parent action.
- Screen Set: This attribute specifies the screen set containing the screen and list in which a selection is to be made.
- Screen: This attribute specifies the screen containing the list in which a selection is to be made.
- List Control: This attribute specifies the list on the selected detail screen in which a selection is to be made.
- Select Rows: This attribute specifies how the item in
the list is to be selected. Options for this attribute include:
- By Position: Selecting this option enables the Position attribute, where the position number of the item to be selected can be specified. This is a numeric value that must be one or greater and indicates the item to select from either the top or bottom of the list.
- By Rule: This option specifies a rule is to be used to determine the item to be selected. The object being listed sets the context for the rule being evaluated, with either a true or false value returned by the rule. The first item for which the rule returns true will be the one selected in the list.
- First Row: The first row in the list based on it’s current sort order.
- Last Row: The last row in the list based on it’s current sort order.
- Next Row: The row immediately following the row currently selected in the list.
- None (Clear selection): This clears the selection state of any items that may be currently selected in the list.
- Previous Row: The row immediately preceding the row currently selected in the list.