Duration Property Type
The duration property data type stores a duration of time. The value of a duration property is stored in seconds and may be positive or negative. It is possible to convert the value to other time units, including hours, minutes, or milliseconds when referenced in a step definition. This behavior is controlled by the definition of the duration property.
This data type does not store fractional seconds. During downstream synchronization, if the back end units for this property include precision smaller than whole seconds, the fractional second portion of the value will be truncated when assigned to the property. The logic of the synchronization step should round the value prior to returning it to the Server if this is not the desired behavior. If it is necessary to keep the fractional portion of the duration value during synchronization, a decimal number property should be used.
Duration Property Attributes
- Name: This is the unique identifier for the property definition. This value must be unique among all properties within the same parent definition.
- Display Name: This attribute sets the default display name to label or otherwise identify the property value on the Agentry Client. This will also be the default label for any screen control that displays this property.
- Minimum Value: This attribute specifies the minimum duration value the property will accept. This is set in hours, minutes and seconds and is converted to total number of seconds within the property. This value can be no greater than the defined Maximum Value.
- Maximum Value: This attribute specifies the maximum duration value the property will accept. This is set in hours, minutes and seconds and is converted to total number of seconds within the property. This value can be no less than the defined Minimum Value.
- Display Format: This attribute specifies the format in which to display the duration value. The options are Fractional Hours, Hours:Minutes:Seconds (“H:M:S”), Minutes:Seconds (“M:S”), or Hours:Minutes (“H:M”).
- Back End Units: This attribute specifies the units in which the duration value is stored in the back end system. For object properties the value returned from the back end system will be converted from the unit selected here to seconds. For transaction and fetch properties the value will be converted from seconds to the units specified here.