Transaction Type: Delete
A delete transaction is defined to remove an object instance from the Agentry Client. When applied, this transaction removes the object instance from the Client and may also remove any pending transactions for that object instance. A delete transaction should, at a minimum, contain the key property of the object type it targets.
When a delete transaction is applied, the object instance targeted by the transaction is removed from the Client. All data properties of the object instance, including any object collection properties, are removed.
When defining a delete transaction, the developer should ensure that the object should be allowed to be deleted. This is normally controlled by defining an enable rule for the action that will instantiate the delete transaction. The object and its data removed by the delete transaction cannot be recovered once the transaction has been applied.
Delete Transaction Attributes
- Type: This attribute specifies the type of transaction. For delete transactions this is set to “Delete”. This attribute cannot be changed once the transaction has been defined.
- Object: The Object attribute specifies the type of object the delete transaction targets and will remove from the Agentry Client.
- Name: This is the identifier for the transaction definition. This value must be unique among all transaction definitions within the same module.
- Display Name: The display name is the value shown to users for the transaction on the Client. This is normally seen by the user in the Client’s Transmit Screen when an instance of the transaction is sent to the Agentry Client to be processed.
- Key Property: This attribute specifies the property within the transaction to be treated as the key property. This is almost always the transaction property that targets the object’s key property and is set as such by default.
- Discard Pending Transactions: This attribute specifies whether or not pending transactions for an object instance removed by the delete transaction should also be removed. If this attribute is set, pending transactions targeting the deleted object instance will be removed. If false, these pending transactions will remain on the Agentry Client until the next transmit.