An image definition incorporates an image file into the application data. This image can be displayed on various components of the Agentry Client user interface. An image can be used to add icons and interactive graphics to the UI for branding purposes and to enhance the user experience.
Once an image has been defined it can be referenced in several components of the user interface definitions. This can include button icons, list icons, and detail screen fields, as well as the login dialog, the module selection dialog, and the help dialog. The first group of definition types that may reference an image definition support the use of image lists, which can allow for the display of a different version of the image based on some condition.
The selected file must exist prior to creating the image definition. The file is copied within the application project definitions. Modifications to the selected source file after this point will not effect the appearance of the image within the application. This image can be edited from within the Editor if necessary.
An image may be defined for a specific platform. Multiple image definitions may exist with the same name and different selected platforms. References to images from other definitions within the application are made by name only. At run time a given device type will receive the images defined only for the matching platform. This is optional behavior and an image definition can be created for all platforms.
- Name: This is the internal name of the image definition. This value must be unique among all Images with the same setting in the Platform attribute.
- Platform: The platform attribute specifies the platform of the client devices to which the image will be downloaded. This can be either All, or one of the available platforms listed. Selecting a specific platform will prevent the image from being downloaded to any device of any other platform. This can be used to download images with different file sizes to different client devices while using the same name.
- Image File: This value is the file name that will be used to store the image file within the application project, as well as by the Agentry Server and Agentry Client. The default Image File value is a combination of the Name and Platform attribute values. It is rarely necessary to change the Image File setting.
- Mask Color: This optional attribute can be used to create a mask color for the image, which will be incorporated into the image’s display on the Agentry Client. This setting does not affect the image file itself, but rather is applied at run time. It is set using the RGB values, or by selecting the desired color from the Windows color palette. A mask color is used to remove a color from the displayed image, such as the white background of an icon.
- Image: This is the actual image file that contains the image. This is selected by clicking the ellipsis button to the far right of the field, which will display the standard Windows File Dialog. From here you can select the file to be used for the image definition. You will only be allowed to select files of the types .bmp, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, or .png. Once the file has been selected it will be displayed in the image definition within the Agentry Editor.