Validate User Request
When a system connection is defined for an HTTP-XML or OData connection type, it can contain one or more HTTP Request child definitions called Validate User Requests. These requests can be made to validate the client user during transmit. This request can also be used to create one or more <<user.info>> SDML data tags.
The validate user request is sent to the back end system at the beginning of the transmit process as a part of the user validation behavior. Each validate user request definition includes child definitions to encapsulate the request arguments, as well as those to map any data returned by the request to structures within the mobile application.
Validate User Request Child Definitions
- Request Arguments: This definition encapsulates an argument to be passed with the request to the back end system. Includes the ability to use data within the mobile application with the argument.
- Response Mappings: This definition encapsulates the XML data returned by the HTTP Request. The specific values are extracted from the XML return data using XPaths defined within each response mapping. The mapping “maps” the extracted values to values within the mobile application.
Validate User Request Attributes
- Name: The name of the request, set by default to ValidateUser. May be modified if desired.
- URL: The URL to the specific CGI or other process being called by the HTTP request.
- Method: The HTTP request method for the request. May be one of GET, POST, HEAD, or PUT.