Installing the Eclipse IDE and Agentry Editor Plug-In
The Agentry Editor is the primary development tool for building metadata-driven mobile applications. The Agentry Editor is provided as a plug-in to the Eclipse IDE. Install and configure the proper version of Eclipse first, then install the plug-in to the Eclipse implementation.
- Install SAP Mobile Platform SDK and SAP Mobile Platform Server. You need access to the machines on which the SDK and server are installed.
- Download and install the supported version of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime redistributable package.
You will need the Agentry Eclipse plug-in.
- Log in to the intended host system as a user with Administrative privileges.
- Be sure to maintain Internet access during the Agentry Editor plug-in installation to allow for the download of any dependent modules to the Eclipse implementation.
Install the 64-bit version of the Agentry Editor. This version must match the Eclipse IDE version.
- Download the Eclipse IDE version, then extract it to a directory in the desired location.
- Install the Java Runtime Environment.
- If you install it under the Eclipse home directory, for example, C:\eclipse\jre, you do not have to modify any environmental variables.
- If you install it to the default location, be sure to add the paths for the jre\bin and jre\lib directories to the Path environment variable in Windows before attempting to start Eclipse.
Copy the Agentry Editor Eclipse plug-in zip file from the
directory to the system where you installed the Eclipse IDE.
- Start Eclipse by double-clicking eclipse.exe in the extracted folder.
- Create a new Eclipse workspace.
- Within Eclipse, select .
- At the top of the Available Software dialog, click Add.
- In the Add Repository dialog, click Archive, navigate to the proper version of the Agentry Editor plug-in zip file, then click Open.
- In the Add Repository dialog, click OK.
- Select the box for the Agentry Editor and click Next.
- In the Install Details dialog, click Next.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Finish.
- Ignore the security warning regarding unsigned content, and click OK.
- Click Yes to restart the Eclipse SDK.
- In the Workbench, select .
You can select either of the Agentry perspectives to begin work.