Migrating SAP MBOs to OData Services
Migrate SAP Mobile Platform version 2.<x> MBOs that are bound to an SAP back-end to SAP Mobile Platform version 3.<x> OData services, by leveraging 3.<x> OData SDK and the OData service standard functionality delivered in SAP NetWeaver Gateway.
- Transactions from the client are uploaded and applied to the back-end system.
- The results of these operations are merged back into the server cache (CDB).
- Delta changes are retrieved and downloaded to the client.
- The local client database is updated with the delta changes.
- Entity set with delta query support to replace the delta download process of MBOs.
- Create, update, and delete (CUD) operations to replace the upload process of MBOs.
- $filters to replace MBO synchronization parameters.
This document guides you through the process of creating OData services that provide equivalent functionality as a corresponding MBO model that includes BusinessPartner, SalesOrder, and SalesOrderItems MBOs.