Testing Event Applications
To test event applications, invoke the triggering event. Event applications are linked to events that occur at times defined by their event windows.
- On the Simulation page, select the Event Application
- Event Name – select from the list.
- Resume From Last – accept the default value, false. If set to true, and if the previous test did not exhaust the subscriber list, the application resumes from the last subscriber.
- Throttle – enter the maximum processing rate: number of messages per minute.
- Limit – enter the maximum number of loopbacks to process. When used with a throttle, specify as a multiple of throttle. For example, if throttle = 60 messages per minute, specify a limit of 60, 120, or 180.
- Event Threads – specify the number of threads to use to run the simulation. Change this value to test performance with different numbers of threads.
- End Date – specify to keep the application from overrunning.
- Click Simulate Event.
- To see messages, click Reload Message Log.Depending on the number of subscribers, you may need to reload the log multiple times to see all the messages.