Creating One-Time Event Windows
Event windows define event start and stop times, and events invoke event applications. At the event-window start time, the event starts its corresponding event application; the event application stops either when it has finished processing its data, or at the event-window stop time, whichever comes first.
- On the Events screen, select the Event Windows tab.
- Click Add New Window, and enter:
- Start date and time – time and date at which to start the event application.
- Stop date and time – time and date at which to stop the event application.
- Limit – maximum number of loopbacks to process. When used with a throttle, specify as a multiple of throttle. For example, if throttle = 60 messages per minute, specify a limit of 60, 120, or 180.
- Throttle – maximum processing rate: number of messages per minute.
- Resume – select to resume from the last processed item; leave unselected to restart from the beginning of the list. This is useful for states that process lists, such as the Process Subscriber state.
- Save your settings.
- (Optional) Create another event window, if necessary.