Developing Event Applications
Event applications work non-interactively, such as batch processes that send campaign messages, and are typically invoked by events, such as scheduled times, system triggers, or external triggers. An event application can send outbound messages but has no user-interactive capability.
After you create and activate an event application, you can assign an event to it. When the event is active, it invokes the event application. You can assign an event to only one event application.
- On the Dashboard screen, at the bottom of the My Applications module, select Create Event Application.
- On the Application Details tab, enter:
- Name – the main identifier for an application. SAP recommends that you do not use duplicate names within a workspace.
- Category – (optional) select the application category from the list. You can use categories to group applications together for managing and reporting.
- Active From – the date and time the application becomes active, based on the server date and time.
- Active To – the date and time the application ceases to be active, based on the server date and time.
- To save the application, expand Advanced Settings, and click Save.
- Select the Application Composer tab, and define the application states and the task flow.
- Activate the application.
- Create an event and assign it to the application.
- Activate the event.
- Test the application.
- (Optional) To export the application, expand Advanced Settings, and click
Export.The application is exported to an XML file, and saved to the local file system. You can transfer the XML file to other SMS Builder workspaces or instances. You can also use the file to back up the application, or store the XML in the source control management system.