Learn about the components that comprise the logon workflow.
MAF includes a configurable, multipurpose onboarding component. It consists of a core component and a UI component, but you can also use the core with a custom UI. The Logon Core layer contains code for executing logon operations. The component builds on SAP Mobile Platform libraries, such as OData CoreServices, Request, and Client Hub.
- Application configuration
- X.509 certificate for registration
- A particular screen needs to be presented to get input from the end user
- A third-party client certificate provider needs to be called
- A configuration provider needs to be called to provide configuration
Logon UI exposes the CertificateProvider and CertificateProviderListener APIs to integrate a third-party certificate provider. This interface enables application developers to implement custom components to fetch the X.509 certificate from a third-party MDM infrastructure.
- Mobile Place Discovery Service
- Runtime configuration APIs
- Checks if any scenario is forced via configuration.
- Triggers a test HTTP(S) request to the host and port specified by the user.
- Analyzes the response based on:
- HTTP(S) response code
- Response headers
The Logon Core next determines which communicator to use. If the Logon Core cannot determine which communicator to use, it falls back to HTTP Rest. If the decision flow can find a suitable communication setup, it reports a success, otherwise the logon process stops and issues a failure message.
- Logon – register or unlock the secure store so that the app has access to server information and credentials to initiate requests.
- Change back-end password – update the back-end password stored in the secure store of the client.
- Change secure store password (App Passcode) – change the password of the secure store.
- Lock secure store – force the secure store to lock itself while the application is still in the foreground.
- Delete user – unregister and delete all locally stored content from the secure store.
- Registration information – present information provided by the user during logon.
- Update application settings – get server settings from SAP Mobile Platform.
- Registration data – used by the application to get all registration data from MAFLogon.