Configuring the Android Client for Basic Authentication over HTTP(S)
Configure the iOS client for basic authentication over HTTP or HTTPS.
- For HTTPS, import the root certificate to the device.
- Start the application on device and register with the following settings:
- Username Username as assigned by your administrator.
- Password Password for your assigned username.
- Host Enter the hostname for your SAP Mobile Platform Server. This value must match the server name used for generating the server certificate.
- Port For HTTPS, enter 8081. For HTTP, enter 8080.
- Secure For HTTPS, enter ON. For HTTP, enter OFF.
- Security configure Enter BASIC.
- After registering, a new registration appears in the cockpit for the application.