Getting Started with Client Hub Application Installation and Initialization
Install and initialize the Client Hub application.
Installing the Client Hub Application
Install Client Hub.
Install SAP Mobile Platform Native SDK -
Client Hub component.
By default, SAP Mobile Platform SDK components are installed in the ..\SAP\MobileSDK<XXX> directory. In this guide, <SDK_HOME> represents the SAP Mobile Platform SDK installation directory, down to the MobileSDK<XXX> folder.Client Hub gets installed under the ClientHub directory, where the project files for Client Hub applications, used for registering applications on iOS devices is available.
- Ensure that you uncompress the ClientHub.zip file before importing the Client Hub project into Xcode.
Setting Up the Development Environment
The Client Hub application is shipped as a source code project. Set up the iOS Development Environment before registering your application using Client Hub.
Download Xcode from the Apple Developer Web site
- Download and install Xcode from the Apple Developers Web site: http://developer.apple.com/downloads/.
- Log in using your Apple Developer credentials.
- Download the appropriate Xcode.
- Navigate to folder <SDK_HOME> > ClientHub > src > xcode and open the project ClientHub.xcodeproj.
Download Xcode from the App Store
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Under categories, select App development.
- Select the Xcode Developer Tools and provide Install app.
- Enter your App Store credentials.
- Download Xcode.
Customizing or Branding the Client Hub User Interface
Open the ClientHub project in Xcode to customize the look and feel of the Client Hub application.
For example, the splash or welcome screen can be customized to include your company logo or image. Browse through ClientHub > Targets and replace the icons and launch image files compliant with iOS standards as per your requirement.
Client Hub Application Signing
Create a certificate signing request file to use for authenticating the creation of the SSL
- Launch the Keychain Access application on your Mac (usually found in the folder).
- Select .
- Enter your e-mail address and name, then select Save to disk and click Continue. This downloads the .certSigningRequest file to your desktop.
Create a new App ID for the application:
- Go to the Apple Developer Member Center Web site, log in if required, and select Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- Select +. , and click the
- Enter a name for your App ID, and, under App Service, select Push Notifications. This string should match the Bundle Identifier in your iOS app's Info.plist.
- Accept the default App ID prefix, or choose another one.
- Under App ID Suffix, select Explicit App ID, and enter your iOS app's Bundle ID. Verify that all the values are correct.
- Click Submit.
Create a provisioning profile to authenticate your device to run the app you
- Navigate to the Apple Developer Member Center Web site, and select Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- From the iOS Apps section, select Provisioning File, and select the + button to create a new provisioning file.
- Choose iOS App Development as your provisioning profile type, then click Continue.
- From the drop-down, choose the App ID you created and click Continue.
- Select your iOS Development certificate in the next screen, and click Continue.
- Select which devices to include in the provisioning profile, and click Continue.
- Choose a name for your provisioning profile, then click Generate.
- Click Download to download the generated provisioning file.
- Double-click the downloaded provisioning file to install it. Xcode's Organizer opens in the Devices pane. Your new provisioning profile appears in the Provisioning Profiles section of your Library. Verify that the status for the profile is "Valid profile." If the profile is invalid, verify that your developer certificate is installed in your Keychain.
Deploy the Client Hub application on the Device:
- In the Client Hub Xcode project, change the bundle identifier in your iOS app’s Info.plist to the App ID created in Apple Developer Member Center.
- In TARGETS>Build Settings>Code Signing, make sure that appropriate provisioning profile created in Step 3 is selected.
Setting the SSO Passcode in Client Hub Application
You must set your SSO passcode in the Client Hub application and use this passcode in all your applications.
Launch the Client Hub application on your device.
The Create SSO Passcode window displays.
- Enter the SSO passcode, then reenter the passcode to confirm the change.
A success message displays if the passcode is accepted and set correctly. Use this SSO passcode for all the applications.
- Exit the Client Hub application.
Resetting the Client Hub SSO Passcode
If you forget the SSO passcode, platform security prevents you from using the applications. You must reset your SSO passcode and use the new passcode in all your applications. Resetting the passcode deletes all data from the secure store.
Click Reset, then click OK to confirm.
An alert box is displayed for confirmation. If you click OK, you are redirected to the Set passcode screen.
- In the Create SSO Passcode screen, enter the new passcode, then reenter the passcode to confirm the change.
- Click Submit.