Installing Windows Store Applications on a Windows Phone
Install Windows Store Applications on a Windows Phone.
- In Visual Studio, right-click the project and select .
- Select if you want to build packages to upload to Windows Store and click Next.
Click Create to create the .appx
Once the package is created, the Package Creation Completed screen appears.
To install the app on a Windows Phone:
If deployment is successful, the Status field displays
- Run application deployment tool (AppDeploy.exe) from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Tools\AppDeploy\AppDeploy.exe
Select Device from the Target drop-down.
Browse to the package file
(.appx) that you want to deploy, and click
Make sure the device is connected and registered.
App Deployment Complete
To install the app on a different device:
- Copy the entire contents of the package output folder to the target device.
- On the target device, open the folder containing the .appx file. Right-click the PowerShell script located in that folder and select Run with PowerShell.
- Follow the prompts to install the package.