Debugging on iOS
Use Safari Web Inspector to debug an iOS app that includes Apache Cordova and Kapsel plugins.
- Device or simulator running iOS 6 or higher.
- Mac with Safari 6 or higher.
- Connect the device to the Mac with a USB cable, or start the simulator.
- Turn on Web Inspector using .
- On the device or simulator, open a Kapsel app or a web page in the Safari browser.
In Safari on the Mac, choose
(Optional) To debug starting from the init method, set a breakpoint in the
init method using one of the following:
- In the console,
- In the console, enter:
- (Optional) Choose one or more breakpoints to step through. The chosen breakpoints appear in the Breakpoints panel.
- (Optional) From the Elements panel, choose an HTML element to view, or modify its HTML and CSS properties.
- (Optional) In the Console drawer, enter commands to modify the source file code.
- (Optional) From the Network panel, examine data URL requests and responses (values received).