Getting Started with Client Hub Application Installation and Initialization
Install and initialize the Client Hub application.
Installing the Client Hub Application
Install Client Hub.
Install SAP Mobile Platform Native SDK - Client Hub
By default, SAP Mobile Platform SDK components are installed in the ..\SAP\MobileSDK<XXX> directory. In this guide, <SDK_HOME> represents the SAP Mobile Platform SDK installation directory, down to the MobileSDK<XXX> folder.Client Hub gets installed under the ClientHub directory, where the project files for Client Hub applications, used for registering applications on Android devices is available.
- Ensure that you unzip the ClientHub.zip file before importing the Client Hub project into Eclipse.
Setting Up the Development Environment
The Client Hub application is shipped as a source code project. Set up the Android Development Environment before registering your application using Client Hub.
- Download the Java Standard Edition (6 Update 24 and above versions) Development Kit (JDK) from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html.
Download the Android Developer Tool (ADT) from http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download. This includes essential Android SDK components and a version of the Eclipse
IDE with built-in ADT. For more information on setting up the ADT Bundle, see
For more information on supported Google Android development environment in SAP Mobile Platform 3.0, see https://support.sap.com/release-upgrade-maintenance/pam.html.
Importing Client Hub Project into Eclipse
Import the project from the SDK installation directory.
- Open Eclipse WorkSpace.
- Click File > Import... > Android > Existing Android Code Into Workspace. Click Next.
In the Root Directory, click Browse..., select
directory\ClientHub. Click OK.
The Client Hub project is selected by default.
- Click Finish. The ClientHub folder is displayed in your Eclipse Package Explorer.
Client Hub Application Signing
Build the Client Hub application, cosigning with the same developer certificate as the application.
- Right-click ClientHub folder in the package explorer. Navigate to Android Tools > Export Signed Application Package.
- In the Export Android Application wizard, the ClientHub project appears. Click Next.
In the Keystore selection window, select:
Option Description Select existing keystore if you already have a keystore:
- Enter the location of the existing keystore.
- Enter the password.
- Click Next.
- Choose Use existing key. Enter the alias and password, then click Next.
Select new keystore to create a new keystore.
- Enter the location where the new keystore should be created.
- Enter the password, then reenter the password for confirmation.
- Click Next.
- In the Key Creation window, enter the details. Click Next.
- In the Destination and key/certificate checks window, enter the destination APK file name.
- Click Finish.
Customizing or Branding the Client Hub User Interface
After importing the ClientHub project, you can customize the look and feel of the Client Hub application.
For example: the splash or welcome screen can be customized to include your company logo or image. Browse through the ClientHub > res folder and replace the resource files as per your requirement.
Setting the SSO Passcode in Client Hub Application
You must set your SSO passcode in the Client Hub application and use this passcode in all your applications.
Launch the Client Hub application on your device.
The Create SSO Passcode window displays.
- Enter the SSO passcode, then reenter the passcode to confirm the change.
A success message is displayed if the passcode is accepted and set correctly. Use this SSO passcode for all the applications.
- Exit the Client Hub application.
Resetting the Client Hub SSO Passcode
If you forget the SSO passcode, platform security prevents you from using the applications. You must reset your SSO passcode in the Client Hub application, and use the new passcode in all your applications. Resetting the passcode deletes all data from the secure store.
Click Reset, then click OK to confirm.
An alert box is displayed for confirmation. If you click OK, you are redirected to the Set passcode screen.
- In the Create SSO Passcode screen, enter the new passcode, then reenter the passcode to confirm the change.
- Click Submit.