Migrating Agentry 5.x/6.0.x Applications to SAP Mobile Platform 3.0
You can migrate Agentry 5.x and 6.0.x applications to SAP Mobile Platform 3.0.
- Install SAP Mobile Platform SDK and SAP Mobile Platform Server.
- Install the Agentry Editor plug-in as provided in the SAP Mobile Platform SDK to Eclipse.
- In Agentry Editor for SAP Mobile Platform, import the application from the Agentry Server 5.x/6.0.x, creating a new Agentry application project within the Eclipse workspace.
- Make sure the Network Connect Type is WebSockets over HTTPS for all transmit configurations.
Publish the application as a Production version.
- Click the Publish button, then browse to the location where you want to publish (save) the ZIP file.
Right-click within Publish Folder Structure to add the these items
found in the Agentry 5.x/6.0.x Server installation.
- Application-specific configuration files, but do not include configuration files provided with standard Agentry Server installations.
- Application-specific Java resources, including .jar files, but do not include the Agentry-v5.jar or Agentry-v4.jar (if present) files found in the Java folder of the Agenty Server installation. Include any other resources found here because they are likely to be application-specific.
- Application-specific DLL files, but do not include DLLs provided with a standard Agentry Server installation.
- The contents of the sql directory under the Agentry Server installation location. Add all files in this directory to the ZIP archive.
- Any other files known to be a part of the mobile application but not provided with a standard Agentry Server installation.
- Click Next, then Finish.
In the cockpit, create an Agentry application definition.
- Under Quick Links, select Configure Application.
In Applications, click New, enter the
information for the application definition.
Select Agentry for the type, then click Save.
- In App Specific Settings, under Publish, browse to the Agentry application zip file, then click Open.
In Back End, enter the back-end connection information for the back-end
It may be helpful to have the previous Agentry.ini file as a reference when entering the back-end information.
- In Authentication, indicate the security profile or create a new one.
- Set any other applicable configuration options.
Once you save the application definition, if you change any application-specific configuration options preceded with an i, stop and restart the SAP Mobile Platform Server.
- For applications using the Java back end and the JavaBE.ini file, such as the Work Manager and Service Manager products, copy JavaBE.ini from the Agentry server root directory to SMP_HOME\Server.
For Java System connections, add the
directory to the system path.
- On Windows, edit Server/bin/setenv.bat. At the end of the file, add set PATH=%SMP_HOME%\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application;%PATH%
- On UNIX, edit Server/bin/setenv.sh. At the end of the file, add LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SMP_HOME/configuration/com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Perform full end-to-end testing.
When this is complete, upgrade the client installations within the implementation environment to migrate all mobile users to the new environment.
- Have all users perform a final transmit to verify all information stored on the device has been updated to the back-end system.
- All users should shut down their clients prior to upgrading them.
- Install the Agentry Client provided with the SAP Mobile Platform for the client device type.
- Each user should start the new client, login, and perform an initial transmit.
At some point after the completion of fully migrating all mobile users to the new environment, you can uninstall the previous version of the client from the mobile devices, provided there are two separate versions. For platforms, the client can be upgraded in place, resulting in only one client executable existing on the device at any given time.