Transaction Type: Add
An add transaction type is defined to allow the user to create a new object instance on the Agentry Client. An add transaction definition includes a target object collection property to which the new object instance is added. This transaction type should contain all non-collection properties found in the object type it creates.
Add Transaction Attributes
- Type: This attribute specifies the type of transaction. For add transactions this is set to “Add”. This attribute cannot be changed once the transaction has been defined.
- Object: The Object attribute specifies the type of object the add transaction instantiates on the Agentry Client. This may be any existing object defined within the same module.
- Collection: The collection attribute specifies the collection property in which the new object instance will be stored on the Agentry Client when the transaction is applied.
- Name: This is the identifier for the transaction definition. This value must be unique among all transaction definitions within the same module.
- Display Name: The display name is the value shown to users for the transaction on the Client. This is normally seen by the user in the Agentry Client’s Transmit Screen when an instance of the transaction is sent to the Agentry Server to be processed.
- Key Property: This attribute specifies the property within the transaction to be treated as the key property. This is almost always the transaction property that targets the object’s key property and is set as such by default.