SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Release 750, ©Copyright 2016 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
ABAP - Keyword Documentation →
ABAP - Reference →
Processing External Data →
ABAP Database Accesses →
Native SQL →
AMDP - ABAP Managed Database Procedures →
AMDP - Methods →
METHOD - BY DATABASE PROCEDURE, FUNCTION →
AMDP - L for the SAP HANA Database
This function is only for internal use within SAP.
Customers and partners are not allowed to use this function.
L is a low-level programming language used for programming
L procedures on the
SAP HANA database. L is the implementation language of an
AMDP method that specifies
the addition FOR HDB LANGUAGE LLANG when the statement METHOD is used.
The programming language L is only documented internally at SAP. The following list contains special properties and additional restrictions for
AMDP methods implemented in L:
- L procedures provide read-only access only. The addition READ ONLY must be specified in the implementation.
- L procedures do not have relationships with other database objects. The addition USING cannot be specified in the implementation.
- When an L procedure is saved in the database system, any asterisks (*) at the start of a line are transformed to double slashes (//).
- Only those L functions can be called within AMDP methods that are defined in the same AMDP method.
- An AMDP method for an L procedure cannot have any input/output parameters defined using CHANGING.
- An AMDP method for an L procedure must have at least one output parameter defined using CHANGING. Output parameters must be tabular with a structured row type and cannot be scalar.
The programming language L can only be used internally and with restrictions at SAP. For general programming with the SAP HANA database,
SQL or the script language
SQLScript must be used. The use of L by customers and partners is not supported.
See AMDP, Implementation of an L Procedure