Import Projects from the Previous Version of SAP Web IDE
You can import your SAP Web IDE projects to SAP Web IDE Full-Stack.
Pay attention to the following features that are handled differently in SAP Web IDE Full-Stack:
Project Metadata: Each project in SAP Web IDE Full-Stack contains a special system/metadata folder called .che that is hidden by default.
When you import or Git-clone a project to the Full-Stack Development version of SAP Web IDE, a new metadata folder named .che is generated automatically from the project.json file, and all your project settings are moved to the new Full-Stack Development version.
Application Build: If you used the SAPUI5 client-side build in the standard SAP Web IDE to minify and bundle files before deployment, in the Full-Stack Development version of SAP Web IDE, you must use the UI5 build or the Grunt build. For more information, see Application Build and Building Applications.
In the previous version of SAP Web IDE or SAP Web IDE, personal edition, for
each project you want to import, do one of the following:
- If your project is managed in Git, commit and push your changes.
- If your project is not managed in Git, export your project to a local folder.
- Open SAP Web IDE Full-Stack.
Do one of the following:
- If your project is managed in Git, clone your project.
- If your project is not managed in Git, in SAP Web IDE Full-Stack, import the project you exported in step 1.
For each project you want to import, repeat this procedure.